Are you familiar with the laws, regulations, and safety rules governing pesticide application, and the handling and storage of chemicals? Do you possess a Class-A CDL with Hazmat and tank vehicle endorsements? Do you have experience with basic measurements and calculations for calibration of gallons per acre, and acres per tank? If so, we want to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scopt of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking an experienced career-minded Commercial Driver / Applicator to be part of a close, efficient team that delivers goods and services to a diverse customer base using a company delivery truck. This position is also responsible for the safe and legal application of plant protection and fertilizer products to a wide range of crops and sites. The applicator calculates product and carrier quantities, properly mixes and applies plant protection and / or fertilizer products using various types of application equipment. The position may also be expected to stock and retrieve packages and bulk containers, drive a forklift and assist with other warehouse duties including general housekeeping. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude who enjoys working with a diverse customer base in a fast-paced setting.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift, order picker, pallet jack and other equipment as required
- Ability to operate a manual pallet jack with pallets weighing up to 3200 lbs.
- Ability to repetitively bend and lift boxes and bags up to 80 lbs.
- Safe operation of company delivery truck
- Ability to work and contribute to a team approach with a positive attitude and outlook
- Willing and shows desire to work overtime hours during busy seasons
- Ability to be versatile, flexible, and willing
- Can effectively multi-task
- Must be familiar with all laws and regulations governing pesticide application
- Must comprehend basic measurements and calculations for calibration (gallons per acre, and acres per tank)
- Must have working knowledge of all application equipment
- Must complete bi-annual medical exams
- Must participate in a DOT random selection for drug and alcohol testing
- Must be able to work odd hours during peak season (6-7 days, 10-14 hours, depending upon crew assignment may be day or night)
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Present a professional image to our customer through personal appearance and overall branch cleanliness
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with Class A CDL or will to achieve CDL
- Forklift Driver and Driving Certification (offered on the job)
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred)
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Ensure all shipments include proper shipping documents
- Perform vehicle safety inspections
- Maintain mileage and fuel logs on all vehicles
- Ensure no product leaves, or enters, the warehouse without necessary paperwork
- Meet and complete all WECO regulatory safety requirements
- Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary
- Help maintain warehouse cleanliness
- Notify Supervisor or Branch Manager immediately if product spills
- Follow all Wilbur-Ellis Company safety rules
- Lift containers weighing up to 80 lbs
- Perform a pre-trip inspection before leaving the yard
- Arrive at the correct job site without undue delay
- Properly handle and store all chemical containers
- Ensure that equipment is repaired or serviced in order to avoid delays in equipment availability
- Perform necessary maintenance and repair on equipment
- Assist as needed around the plant
- All other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be commensurate based on experience or other factors)
- Comprehensive company benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.