Now Hiring Fleet Maintenance Mechanics - Gas/Auto, Diesel or CNG experience considered!
$3,000 Hiring Bonus*
Do you have light & medium duty diesel or automotive experience? Join the First Transit team at our Princeton & Rutgers University shuttle location!
Why pick First Transit? Glad You Asked!
- Up to $35/hour based on experience & qualifications + bonus money for ASE certifications
- ASE training and testing materials provided - Earn more money for each certification you obtain!
- Company uniforms provided
- Growth potential - Advance your career as Shop Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our Greyhound, First Student, & First Vehicle Services divisions across North America!
- Ongoing training
- A great work environment!
VEHICLE TECHNICIAN JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics)
- Test drives repaired equipment
- Inspects and services vehicles
- Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken
- Performs all other duties as assigned
VEHICLE TECHNICIAN QUALIFICATIONS:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Technical school training helpful
- Previous vehicle maintenance experience required – auto, gas diesel or CNG experience considered!
- Be willing to obtain ASE certifications while employed – company paid training & bonuses provided!
- Subject to a background check and drug screen
Now is the time to enhance your career…not just pursue another job. You do not want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*$500 After 90 Days $1000 After 180 Days $1500 After 1 year