Services patient needs by verifying insurance coverage. Performs administrative activities associated with maintenance of medical documentation and medical records.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Answers questions from customers, clerical staff, insurance companies, and physician offices.
2. Makes outbound calls to obtain appropriate documentation for reimbursement of orders shipped.
3. Identifies and resolves patient complaints.
4. Verifies customer benefits via phone, fax, and web portal.
5. Reviews and approves documentation received by third parties, for submission to payor's.
6. Documents activities in ERP system in an accurate and timely manner.
7. Provides feedback to Group Team Lead regarding issues with accounts.
8. Conducts routine tasks as directed, under clearly defined guidelines.
9. Contributes to specific objectives and outcomes as directed.
10. Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate's Degree
- One or more years of customer service experience
- Or any combination of education and experience to meet the above requirements
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with medical terminology and insurances HCPC/ICD-9 codes
- Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Proper phone and email etiquette
- Skilled in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Outlook
- Ability to travel up 10%
- May work extended hours on occasion