Coordinates intake of all new referrals to Byram Healthcare for medical equipment and supplies. Leads new patients through records retrieval, authorizations, and equipment shipments. Works with patients on verifying insurance criteria for equipment and supplies, and processes equipment orders through internal catalogs and systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Reviews all new referrals to Byram Healthcare for Insulin pumps and supplies.
2. Verifies relevant demographics, insurance information, and products with patients. Reviews cost and coverage for products with patients as applicable.
3. Manages assigned patients though medical records retrieval requests, prior authorization submissions, and shipments processes.
4. Ensures patients meet all insurance criteria for specific insulin pumps being ordered. Completes benefits verification and eligibility checks with insurance plan providers.
5. Accurately selects correct product and catalog codes, and billing and insurance information. Charts all calls and notes in the patient's record, thoroughly documenting performed activities in internal records systems as part of onboarding process.
6. Maintains consistent communications with manufacturer partners on relevant intake and equipment issues. Submits relevant and authorized patient's requests and information to provider offices to initiate service.
7. Provides outstanding customer service to patients throughout the new intake process.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of healthcare industry experience highly preferred
- Medical Assistant, Certified Nurse's Assistant, or Professional Medical Coding Certification preferred
- Familiarity with basic medical terminology and payer/insurance processing and plans highly preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, ERP
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to cope with heavy telephone and computer use
- Excellent telephone customer service skills
- Knowledge and familiarity with medical terminology
- Knowledge of payer/insurance processing and plans