Serves the needs of patients by educating them on products and services. Listens to concerns and addresses issues. Processes orders for pharmacy customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Answers hi-volume in-bound calls via an automated phone system.
2. Makes outbound calls to patients and referrals as necessary.
3. Responds quickly and professionally to customer telephone questions and concerns.
4. Gathers Patient demographics and billing information as needed to complete requested orders.
5. Processes orders using Enterprise Rx.
6. Resolves insurance denials with insurance companies. Follows-up with patient.
7. Maintains customer records by updating account.
8. Establishes and maintains patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients.
9. Orders, labels, and counts stock of medications, chemicals, and supplies, and enters inventory data into computer.
10. Receives and stores incoming supplies, verifies quantities against invoices, and informs supervisors of stock needs and shortages.
11. Counts, pours, measures and weighs tablets and medications. Mixes medications.
12. Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects.
13. Provides feedback to Group Team Lead regarding issues with accounts.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years pharmacy technician experience
- National license pharmacy technician, State licensed pharmacy technician
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to practice proper phone etiquette
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Outlook
- Ability to conduct routine tasks as directed, working under clearly defined guidelines
- Ability to contribute to specific objectives and outcomes as directed
Little or no travel required, up to 10%