This position will be responsible for transactions relating to delivering and receiving parts to and from customers with appropriate paperwork. The Delivery Driver / Warehouse associate will perform basic warehouse work of a routine nature including but not limited to placing received parts on shelves, removing sold parts from stock, processing items for shipment, etc.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Generate pick tickets for orders to warehouse.
• Stage loading of trucks; load and/or unload trucks.
• Perform scheduled route deliveries.
• Deliver and pick up parts to the customer while maintaining appropriate paperwork per company procedures.
• Inquire about customer needs as related to additional sales, services, etc.
• Collect money from customers and record transactions on customer receipt, as needed.
• Record sales and deliveries information on daily sales or delivery records.
• Maintain routine maintenance on truck and keep truck clean inside and out, per company policy.
• Unpack received parts and in the appropriate areas.
• Stock and organize shelves, cores, supplies, and other items as necessary.
• Pack parts for shipping.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Action Focus: Able to take action when needed; demonstrate a sense of urgency; recognize and respond quickly to customer situations; consistently executes tasks and activities required for success.
• Customer Service Orientation: Develop customer relationships by making efforts to listen and to understand the customer; anticipate and provide solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
• Oral Communication: Able to communicate clearly with diplomacy and tact, especially concerning difficult and sensitive issues when dealing with the needs, problems and/or concerns of customers and co-workers; Ability to verbally communicate with others to convey information effectively.
• Attention to Detail: Able to follow detailed guidelines; ensure accuracy of data and documentation; maintain a system of records; be attentive and prepared in a high risk setting.
• Policy or Regulatory Understanding: Able to conform to professional standards and safety policies and procedures; apply, adhere to, and communicate safety and regulatory procedures and protocol; be watchful and alert with equipment, hazardous conditions and ethical violations; respect the physical customer environment and legal relationship.
• Technical Competencies:
o Display helpful, courteous attitude toward customers and co-workers.
o Good verbal and written communication skills.
o Knowledge of heavy duty truck parts.
o Basic Microsoft Office and computer skills.
• A High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Associate’s degree or post high school technical degree or certification preferred, but not required.
• Commercial Driver’s License required
• One year of related experience is required.
• Heavy duty industry experience preferred.
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
• Ability to operate power industrial equipment (e.g. fork lifts, etc.) preferred.