Deliver exceptional customer service by providing onsite mobile repairs at customer facilities. This will be accomplished through quality workmanship, meeting AAR Requirements, while providing accurate industry standard formatted billing.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Set an example and conduct activities consistent with the core values of CFRS contributing to a positive environment for communication, empowerment, and continuous improvement.
• Learn and adhere to all CFRS safety procedures.
• Learn the basic flow and logistics of railroad industry and repair business.
• Proficient in documenting work performed on billing repair card.
• Keep work truck, and remote repair work locations in a clean and orderly manner to comply with CFRS, OSHA and environmental rules and regulations.
• Professionally interact with customers to ensure satisfaction, manage expectations, and set agreed upon deliverables.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Maintain a high level of quality with an understanding of CFRS’ quality assurance program.
• Must learn develop a complete understanding of various railcars, components and billing repair cards.
• Perform repairs such as, but not limited to, mechanical, grinding, cleaning, and touch up painting and decaling on various types of railcars as required.
• Set up and operate various hand and power tools such as, but not limited to, air arc, plasma cutting, Huck and welding machines and processes, and oxy fuel operation in heating and cutting processes.
• Documented training to set up and operate or drive equipment such as, but not limited to: forklift, man lift, crane, back hoe, skid loader, hoist or hydraulic boom.
• Successfully complete this position “Education/Formal Training” requirements.
• Wear PPE in appropriate areas
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Education/Formal Training (preferred, but not limited to): High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Successfully pass the following courses with an 80% or higher score coordinated by CF Rail Management:
FRA Freight Car Safety Standards
Lettering and Marking
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suit and BRC generation software/ shop operating system.
• Ability to deliver high level of customer service via phone and face to face interaction.
• Team player
• Effective listening skills
Work assignments involve standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, climbing, crawling, and crouching in strained and awkward positions for prolonged periods of time at various heights up to 20 feet. Uses hands, legs, and arms to climb vertical ladders to staging or suspended platforms. Lifts, carries, and sets up equipment and components that weigh up to 50 lbs. Employee must be medically certified to wear a respirator, as well as be able to wear respirators for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to operate electrical and pneumatic tools
• Ability to operate heavy equipment (Cranes, Jacks)
• Ability to operate Forklifts, Mobile Service Trucks, Boom Lifts
• Required valid driver’s licenses, and ability to drive Company vehicles when necessary.
• Ability to travel within established 200-mile region.
• Ability to travel for an extended period of time.
Work will be performed outdoors and indoors in all types of weather, on and around heavy equipment.