Over-the-Road truck drivers earn up to $0.41 per mile* starting pay in this long-haul configuration. OTR truckers in this CDL driving job haul 95% no-touch freight and average 2600 miles per week traveling through all 48 contiguous states. If you want to hit the open road explore the country and rack up the miles there’s no better way than jumping behind the wheel as an Over-the-Road driver for Schneider. Start your OTR trucking career with Schneider’s Van Truckload division today!
Looking to become a truck driver? Learn how here give us a call at 1-800-447-7433 or text “Chat” to 28000 today!
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL holders
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $67000 per year*
- $7500 sign-on bonus per experienced driver
- $5000 sign-on bonus per inexperienced driver
- Performance pay up to $0.04 per mile more paid out weekly
- Up to $0.02 per mile annual pay increase
- Potential accessorial pay for detention layover hand load/unload
- Higher pay: Inexperienced OTR mileage rates for example have increased 17% in the last two years
- *Based on CDL driver experience performance and location
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical dental and vision insurance plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs plus more military benefits
- Many more — see full list of benefits
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Hazmat endorsement preferred
- Passport FAST card or Enhanced CDL opens more opportunities
More Reasons to Choose Over-the-Road Driving at Schneider
- Adventure — enjoy variety every day with different freight customers and locations
- Average fleet age less than 3 years all new trucks with automated transmissions
- Industry-leading year-round nationwide freight base
- 24/7/365 operations and maintenance support
- Mobile apps to increase driver productivity locate equipment expedite access and more
- Learn more about Over-the-Road driving
Other companies can claim similar core values to Schneider but Schneider puts them into practice every day. It’s why drivers have chosen Schneider since 1935. See for yourself today.
“I drive for Schneider because of the values listed on my shoulder badge: Integrity Respect Excellence Safety First and Always. Other companies may have the same info but we live it.” Ron Schneider driver
Join one of the top trucking companies. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming an Over-the-Road truck driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify including your rights and responsibilities please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Job Company Driver
Sign On Bonus 7500