Be part of our team !! Express Hauling & Dumpsters is looking for dedicated drivers
As a Commercial Driver your key Responsibilities will be:
- Dump Truck Driver: To transport and dump loose materials such as sand, gravel, crushed rock, bituminous paving materials.
- Roll Off Driver: To deliver and/or pick up dumpsters, dump debris to a qualified landfill
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Drive trucks to a destination
- Pulls levers or turns crank to tilt body and dump contents, deliver equipment or containers.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, water and all fluids and performs pre and post trip inspections.
- Responsible for the condition of their vehicle. For example, keeps truck clean and in good working order.
- Inspects material/ equipment to ensure it has been loaded correctly and is secure
- Fill it out hauling, dumpster and or equipment mobilization tickets and documents verifying that all the information is accurate.
- Driver must always be in DOT Compliance during employment at EHD, Inc. Must maintain a clean driving record.
- Drivers are responsible for filling out the EHD – Maintenance Report when need it
- This job may require out of town work for a few days or a few days, weeks at a time.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group
- problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Industry Specific – Must be able to identify materials to ensure correct product is being hauled under the correct job.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization in English.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Employee must have license and documents to drive a Commercial Motor Vehicle. Must have a current DOT Medical Exam (Health Card).
Other Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of all DOT rules and regulations. General knowledge of truck maintenance.
- Must have a clean driving record. (MVR)