You belong at Dayton Freight! Join our team of Customer Service Representatives and be a part of The Dayton Difference.
Dayton Freight is a recognized leader in regional LTL transportation services and we are truly different from other carriers. It's apparent in how we treat our customers, and each other. Our culture is one of teamwork, respect and professional honesty. Dayton Freight appreciates its employees: you are not just a number, you are family. We attribute our growth to the dedication of our employees, and the loyalty of our customers and business partners.
Customer Service Representatives are responsible for assisting Dayton Freight customers with a variety of inquires including: freight pickup request, rate quotes or freight charges, hot shipments, shipment tracing and appointments or special requests.
Additional job duties include:
- Assist the Service Center Manager
- Take and deliver messages for the Service Center Manager and Account Managers
- Provide assistance to Drivers
- Prepare bills of lading and delivery receipts
- Maintain excellent communication with external and internal customers as well as interline companies
May be asked to assist with:
- Data entry
- Freight reports
- Driver collect reports
- Billing and filling