Responsible for the effective and efficient distribution of product and management of drivers.. Delivery Supervisor. Assists the Delivery Manager in the day to day activities in the delivery department.
Required Skills and Experience:
* High school diploma or GED required
* Minimum 2-4 years of experience working in a warehouse, transportation, purchasing, customer service, sales or similar supply chain department
* Must be flexible to work days and nights.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Requires experience managing people/budgets
* Familiarity with DOT regulations.
* Valid driver's license and driving record within MVR policy guidelines
* Computer and database application skills
* Familiarity with inventory management systems
* Excellent problem-solving, and communication skills.
* This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Bachelors degree
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
* Staff, train, evaluate and develop team members.
* Ensure adherence to delivery standards, efficiencies and regulatory requirements.
* Manages drivers' delivery schedule and hours worked.
* Communicate with customers to determine driver needs and schedules and notifies drivers of assignments, enters assignment data in computer database.
* Coordinates drivers according to customer requests in compliance with DOT regulations and company rules.
* Establish and maintain positive customer relationships, resolving customer issues.
* Serve as liaison between distribution and sales.
* Manage and audit team member's timekeeping.
* Manage within labor and OPEX budget.
* Other projects or duties as assigned
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status,
or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.