Join the First Transit team as Diesel Technician! Servicing BWI Airport
ALL NEW FLEET COMING 2019
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $25 - $28 / hour based on experience & qualifications + ASE premium pay!
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Annual tool allowance
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Excellent benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k).
- A great work environment!
Diesel Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components.
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
Diesel Mechanic job requirements:
- Technical school training helpful
- Minimum 3 years previous direct diesel repair experience; transit bus experience helpful
- Valid CDL, or must be able to obtain CDL with Passenger & Air Brake endorsements during 90 day probationary period
- Must possess appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Must obtain ASE Certifications while employed (company training & bonuses provided!)
- Subject to background check and drug screen
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.