The General Shop Mechanic position for TruckPro, LLC will be responsible for repairing medium-heavy duty trucks and all models of trailers. The General Shop Mechanic will be responsible for maintaining inventories or supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair brakes
- Perform suspension work (replace springs, u-bolts, radius rods, equalizers, etc.) and replace air valves
- Replace brake chambers, trouble shoot, replace or repair air system
- Perform basic welding
- Shorten or stretch frames
- Mount fifth wheels
- Install hydraulic kits; rebuild or repair engines.
- Pull new parts from inventory or order as needed
- Submit work orders for invoicing
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
Perform other tasks as assigned by management, and also maintain a clean and safe work area, and submit work order for invoicing
High School Diploma or equivalent
- One to two years related work experience is required.
- Automotive and Diesel Mechanic experience is preferred
- Engine building experience is a plus
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Mechanical ability
- Ability to operate air or hydraulic jack, press, hoist, forklift, hand tools, impact wrench, grinder, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to lift in excess of 50 pounds