Greenbush Logistics, Inc., the sister company to Great Southern Wood Preserving, Inc., makers of YellaWood® Pressure Treated Pine, has an immediate opening for a DIESEL MECHANIC at its terminal in Jesup, GA.
Diesel mechanics will perform inspections, services, and adjustments in routine daily maintenance. Assists advanced technician in overhauling, lubricating, and maintaining tractor/trailers/forklifts. Must be able to identify major components and subassemblies of tractors/trailers/lifts and have thorough understanding of basic engine and component principles. Will be required to utilize computer based diagnostic equipment as well as create own work orders.
Two years tractor/forklift or industrial maintenance experience is preferred, and a valid drivers license and clear MVR for prior five (5) years. A high school diploma or equivalent are required. Applicants with ASE certification and CDL preferred, but not mandatory. Must be able to pass D.O.T. physical and drug screen. Must possess own hand tools and safety boots.
FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE AVALIABLE
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Profit Sharing
• Flexible Spending
• Maintain forklift, tractor, trailer and/or plant serviceability by conducting periodic inspections, completing preventative maintenance requirements and identifying and repairing or replacing faulty or suspect parts
• Repair or replace all components on forklift, tractor, trailer and industrial equipment as needed to maintain use
• Repair and upgrade equipment by listening to operator’s description of malfunction, conducting tests, identifying problem and performing resolution
• Verify repairs by test driving vehicle, or running equipment.
• Complete daily operational requirements
• Maintain vehicle maintenance and operational history by initiating and updating records in maintenance management system
• Maintain safe work environment by verifying vehicle safety, following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
• Evaluate equipment by examining capabilities and conducting troubleshooting diagnostics
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
• Must have a thorough knowledge of all equipment component operations, engine, transmission, after treatment system, and electrical failures/malfunctions
Installation - Maint - Repair, Skilled Labor - Trades, Transportation