First Student is currently looking for an experienced diesel technician for our Waterbury, CT location.
Why pick First Student? Glad You Asked!
$1500 Sign on bonus*
We care as much about you as our students’ safety. That’s why we are Proud & Excited to offer the following:
- Hourly rate based on experience and qualifications, starting at $21.00.
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Training which is on the cutting edge of transportation with technology
DIESEL TECHNICIAN/MECHANIC JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Repairs and maintains school buses and school bus equipment.
- Test drives repaired equipment.
- Oils and greases vehicles; changes filters.
- Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
DIESEL TECHNICIAN/MECHANIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have or be able to obtain a Class B CDL - First Student will train for CDL
- Subject to a background check and drug screen
- Possess a combination of education and technical experience
- ASE Diesel Certifications Strongly Preferred (must be willing to obtain)
- Open to mechanics of varying experience levels! From Apprentice Technicians looking to start their careers, to Master Technicians who are looking to bring their skills and experience to an industry leader!
Now is the time to enhance your career…not just pursue another job. You do not want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity!
Apply online today to become a part of our team!
Equal Opportunity Employer