Join First Transit as a Fleet Maintenance Mechanic! Servicing Clemson University
We maintain and repair new transit style buses to provide safe, reliable and efficient transportation throughout campus to Clemson students and staff each day.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $27 per hour based on experience and qualifications + ASE premium pay!
- ASE testing & training materials provided!
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Comprehensive benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic job requirements:
- Technical training preferred
- Previous diesel truck or bus experience required
- Valid driver's license; CDL preferred
- Must possess an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- ASE Certifications are preferred
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.