You belong at Dayton Freight! Join our team of Technicians and be a part of The Dayton Difference.
Dayton Freight is a recognized leader in regional LTL transportation services and we are truly different from other carriers. It's apparent in how we treat our customers and each other. Our culture is one of teamwork, respect and professional honesty. Dayton Freight appreciates its employees: you are not just a number, you are family. We attribute our growth to the dedication of our employees, and the loyalty of our customers and business partners.
Tractor Technicians are to perform maintenance services in which the volume and quality of work is within the acceptably measures standards for a Dayton Freight Lines.
Additional job duties include:
- Understand troubleshooting diesel engine system with ECM diagnostic programs and other troubleshooting techniques
- Capable of diagnosing, repairing, and replacing external engine components
- Test and repair entire truck chassis electrical systems
- Develop skills to become proficient in the repair of all major power and drive train components
- Effectively and efficiently perform PM inspections and services, per DFL policy and time standards
- Able to repair, adjust, and align suspension systems and brake systems
- Maintain the tire maintenance program, per DFL policy
- Perform service calls, per DFL guidelines or individual location guidelines
- Wash and fuel equipment when necessary
- Perform vehicle road tests to ensure quality repair service is performed, if qualified
- Perform other maintenance duties or assignments, as necessary
- Constantly have a positive attitude, interact courteously and professionally with fellow employees
- Develop skills to become a leading participant in the care and upkeep of the shop, the grounds, and all equipment and tools
- Maintain a clean and safe environment that complies with OSHA and company standards
- Record all work and labor on a computer in the EMS system
- Work with the Parts Department to assure that all necessary material; parts, service supplies, and shop supplies are maintained at proper quantity levels
- Comply with all Parts Department’s procedures and rules at all times
- Continuously improve processes