This position is responsible for the effective management and coordination of the FTL fleet and equipment for pick-up and deliveries within the DVFG/FTL operational system. The individual will manage both the company drivers and owner operators to achieve maximum productivity, efficiency, cost reduction and a high level of on-time performance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work Tuesday - Saturday, 8am - 5:30pm. Flexibility due to additional days/hours during peak periods is required.
- Assign drivers their work assignments on a daily basis and work with the operations staff to execute on the planned driver assignments. This will include both company drivers and owner operators.
- Prepare driver dispatch ledger with assignments and freight manifest for 3rd party deliveries.
- Dispatch drivers though good communication of the driver instructions both written and verbal.
- Responsible for the productivity of the drivers by properly scheduling the driver assignments.
- Monitor loads for on time delivery and provide our customers with timely notifications as needed.
- Coordinate any pertinent information with the DV distribution centers for pickup, deliveries and returns.
- Required to secure Broker loads by negotiating freight rates and detention charges to maximize revenue.
- Handle any equipment maintenance items including breakdowns and securing rental tractors when necessary which may happen after hours.
- Manage driver compliance for hours of service.
- Learn to be proficient in the company’s software and operating programs.
- Ensure all safety rules and company policies are followed consistently.
- Assist in administrative tasks which include billing and making appointments.
- Responsible for loading and counting freight when necessary.
- Spotting trailers in doors when necessary.