As a Penske District Service Manager (DSM), you will build a team that looks to connect their work to what motivates them and department goals. You will drive results through your team’s performance to ensure a high degree of effectiveness and customer experience across multiple facilities.
The DSM ensures that all of the district locations are resourced properly and that they are adhering to all policies and procedures through the direct supervision of the Brand Service Managers (BSMs). In order to sustain these traits in the future, the DSM also manages the hiring, training, and development of the organization, and provides input to the District Manager (DM) on the fleet, expenses, and improvement opportunities.
- Oversee the management and administration of multiple locations across the district
- Implement and manage consistent policies and procedures
- Conduct Location Reviews
- Lead through various communication channels such as in-person meetings and conference calls
- Flawless execution of company processes
- Respond to customer operational inquiries
- Technical training and development planning
- Customer Experience
- Cost control
- Ensure process compliance
- Maximize warranty recovery
- Fleet review, consulting and planning
- Root cause analysis and proactive planning
- Maintain relationships with approved suppliers
- Mentor / Coach / Lead a Maintenance Team
- Analyze data
- Other projects and tasks as assignedQualifications - 5 – 10 years maintenance and leadership experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- In-depth knowledge of all vehicle components including: engine, drive train, air-brakes, cooling systems, electrical systems, accessories, suspension, and tires required
- Associate/Technical degree preferred, BS/BA a plus
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint a plus
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Quality program certification (Six Sigma, ISO) a plus
- Truck Marketing Institute, OEM, and technical training courses a plus
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg. Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer. About Penske Truck Leasing Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and
warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.