A Fleet Mechanic A is responsible for the repair, maintenance and overhaul of fleet diesel equipment within the Reyes Holdings family of businesses. An A level Mechanic may run a fleet shop in absence of a Fleet Shop Manager or Lead Mechanic. Through their knowledge of the distribution industry, the Reyes Fleet Management team works with the companies to reduce costs, ensure compliance standards and assist locations with value added solutions to provide well maintained equipment for employees' use.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Diagnose, rebuild and repair fleet diesel equipment (tractors, trailers, refrigeration units).
- Complete preventative maintenance of fleet diesel equipment.
- Complete thorough documentation for work orders of repairs and preventative maintenance through the online Enterprise Asset Management system.
- May be required to operate a company vehicle to diagnose and repair equipment as part of a road-side service call.
- May participate in regular meetings with customer.
- Ensure equipment has required licensing and registration prior to being deemed as 'roadworthy'.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Install, replace, and repair onboard computers (XRS or XataNet) and/or cameras (Drive Cam)
- Work in a safe manner, per company, local, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Train other employees, act as a mentor.
- Any other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status,
or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.