Join the First Transit team at Diesel Technician! Now offering a $1,500 Hiring Bonus!
Servicing Johnson County Transit
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $1,500 Hiring Bonus! (Conditions apply)
- $18-$26 hourly wages based on experience & qualifications + ASE bonus money!
- ASE certifications bonuses & company-paid testing
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Excellent benefits packages
- Cutting edge maintenance manuals and work order systems through the use of iPads
- A great work environment!
Fleet Diesel Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
Fleet Diesel Mechanic job requirements:
- Technical school training helpful
- Previous automotive or diesel repair experience required
- Valid driver's license; Willing to obtain CDL preferred while employed
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Willing to obtain ASE Certifications while employed (bonuses & training provided!)
- Subject to background check and drug screen
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.