Heavy Truck Mechanic (CDL Required)
Join First Vehicle Services as Heavy Truck Mechanic, servicing City of Pittsburgh fleet!
Full Time Shift: Monday-Friday, 11am-7:30pm
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages based on experience and qualifications + ASE bonus money!
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Excellent benefits packages including health insurance, company training, paid holidays, vacation & personal time off, dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Diesel Truck Technician major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Vehicle Services standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Ensuring safe use of power and hand-held tools.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
Diesel Truck Technician requirements:
- Technical school training helpful
- Valid commercial driver's license; Class A or B CDL required
- Class 7 inspection license preferred; must obtain while employed
- Previous heavy / medium duty truck repair experience required
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be willing to obtain ASE certifications while employed - Hourly wage increase for qualified ASE Certifications
- Subject to background check and drug screen
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.