Now is your chance to join one of the country's largest and most trusted LTL carriers: ABF Freight is looking for new team members across the country!
ABF Freight, an ArcBest company, is an exceptional company where driven people have rewarding careers. Our pace of expansion means we're looking for people with The Skill & The Will to serve customers who depend on us for customized transportation and logistics solutions. It's more than a job; it's a career.
Join the ABF Freight team! Linehaul Supervisor Assistants, support linehaul operations management in the oversight and directing of linehaul drivers, our dispatch area, and yard employees of service center. Maximize profitability and business growth and provide superior customer service. Work with management to meet all linehaul operations goals.
General Description of Duties:
* ELD Compliance (Violations, Missing hours in Peoplenet, Miles Without Hours)
* Cover vacations/absences in the linehaul supervisor capacity
* Yard check - assist in yard supervision
* Monitor Pull Failures - report to linehaul manager
* Assist in absenteeism tracking for 255 road drivers
* Track Time Critical shipments
* Help audit road driver logs
* Assist leadership to motivate, counsel, coach, and discipline touch labor
* Ensure touch labor shift is adequately supervised, and fill in for absent supervisor, as necessary
* Apply contractual labor rules to touch labor, union employees, and various others, and maintain labor relations with input and support of Branch Manager
* Address unproductive or problem employees and discharge union employees after performing due diligence
* Communicate with touch labor and supervisory personnel on terminal and company issues, and utilize feedback to promote teamwork and employee morale
* Address issues involving customer relations and/or other ABF service centers
* Work with Regional Maintenance Superintendent to facilitate equipment maintenance and repairs
* Maximize equipment efficiency and utilization, and reduce operating cost per mile
* Ensure security, maintenance, and upkeep of terminal facility
* Enforce company policy and procedures, and continually apply the quality process
* Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense environment
* Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals
* Other duties, as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree, preferred
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent, required
* Transportation or supervisory experience, preferred
* Computer and analytical skills
* Leadership skills
* Must be detail oriented and enjoy a fast paced, multi-tasking, customer service minded environment
* Must have excellent verbal and written communications and organizational skills
* Must display sense of urgency, ability to work under pressure, with attention to detail
* Competitive Wages
* Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits
* Opportunity to participate in a company sponsored 401K
* Vacation eligibility during the first year!
Questions about this position? Email us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]!
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact  [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call us at (479) 785-8717. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.