Job Title: Materials Handler
Location: Savannah, GA 31408
Duration: 09 Months
- Materials Handler will transfer material, equipment, kits, parts and supplies; facilitating an efficient flow through the production/assembly area.
- Experience operating various machinery in production based environment
- Works where set-ups are non-routing and tolerances are not easily acquired or maintained
- Use precision measuring instruments
- Works from blueprints, rough sketches, production diagrams, engineering drawings and verbal instructions to fabricate a variety of complex machined components
- Determines operating methods and sequences; lays out, sets up and fabricates precision parts, tooling and fixtures to exacting tolerances and dimensions for production, development and short-run requirements
- Makes complex shop calculations using handbook formulas to layout difficult patterns and determines tooling feeds and speeds.
- Knows the working qualities of a wide variety of materials including aluminum, steel, copper, brass, other metals, plastics, and exotics
- May provide programming support