Samuels and Son Seafood, the nation’s leading purveyor of fresh and frozen seafood has a unique and exciting opportunity for a driver. This position is designed to operate a delivery van or box truck weighing under 26,000 pounds to deliver seafood and related items to customers within delivery area. This position offers: the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, growth-focused culture, an opportunity for continuous advancement within the organization and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
A driver will have a routine schedule with hours that occur at any time and any day.
Summary of essential job functions:
Functions include, but not limited to the following:
- Prior to trip, inspects vehicle including visual inspection of tires, windshield, and equipment.
- May check fuel gauges and record mileage.
- Receives delivery list from dispatcher and transports seafood to customers within a four hour radius of facility in Philadelphia, PA.
- May transport items to customers such as restaurants, grocery stores, and institutions.
- Utilizes delivery manifest to select items to be delivered from refrigerated trailer.
- Climbs into truck using step bumper to access items in truck, lifts and carries items from truck into customer storage areas.
- May need to negotiate steps, walkways, and storage areas to place items in customer refrigerated or freezer areas.
- Delivery driver accepts payment or signature for items delivered.
- Checks items against customer order and notes any discrepancies.