Job Purpose: Oversees and coordinates proposal-related functions including RFP distribution, proposal development and production, presentations and post submittal follow-up for new and existing business.
- Coordinates with the SVP, Director of Sales Support, and Directors of Business Development in the development of the proposal, Best and Final Offer, interview presentation and other required documents.
- Reviews RFP for submission requirements and compiles a Table of Compliance that outlines the production specifications and section details as a guideline for development of the proposal.
- Writes and develops initial written response based on the RFP with input from Sales Team and Operations.
- Researches and gathers information on client and opportunity to customize the proposal submission.
- Coordinates with Directors of Business Development, Operations Staff, SMEs and other Corporate Staff to refine proposal response, including several rounds of edits.
- Ensures proposal compliance with requirements specified in the Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Customizes, proofreads, edits, incorporates feedback, formats and ensures accuracy of the final proposal document.
- Completes all required forms and obtains all necessary signatures, notarizations, etc.
- Processes bonding and insurance requests in a timely manner.
- Prints, coordinates and assembles all required materials for final production.
- Schedules, coordinates and tracks proposal shipment, ensuring delivery by the specified deadline.
- Acts as support for Business Development Team, including developing PowerPoint presentations, documents, reports, communications, etc.
- Maintains their projects in the Business Development Department’s Sharepoint archive, including proposal, post-proposal, interview, communications, resumes, etc.
- Maintains and updates boilerplate sections in proposal content library as needed.
- Supports the distribution of all RFPs, addenda and supporting documents to the SVPs, Directors of Business Development, BD team and Operation Staff involved in the project via the outlook calendar and Sharepoint.
- Maintains and updates proposal boilerplate, current corporate information, location profiles, resumes, bios, customer references and templates as needed.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field preferred. Proposal or technical writing experience preferred.
- The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented and a dynamic self-starter, have excellent verbal and written skills, computer skills (MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite) and be self-directed.
- Exercise independent thinking with a high level of prioritization skills, strong leadership and customer relations skills.
- Work is frequently performed under rigid time constraints where there is a narrow margin for errors or delays.
- Must be able to multi-task and work on several projects at once.
Local Applicants Only