Quality Assurance Technician
The Quality Assurance Technician performs required inspections to assure incoming materials and finished products conform to customer specifications, company standards and regulatory requirements. Inspections shall verify that products meet food safety and regulatory requirements using established procedures at prescribed frequencies.
- Fully support QA and Operations management in high care program implementation.
- Engage with Operations, communicates with Line Leads and Supervisors to prevent and resolve any quality issues in the production floor.
- Ensure quality standards are met by auditing production.
- Perform pre-operational, operational inspections in accordance with GMP standards.
- Carry out monitoring and verification activities in accordance with HACCP plan (including temperature checks and metal detector checks).
- Perform quality checks, including, but not limited to, label inspections (USDA bug), Lot code inspections, net weight checks, sensory checks.
- Verify equipment calibration (thermometers, scales).
- Verify specifications for finished products and incoming ingredients.
- Follow hold protocol for any nonconforming ingredients and finished goods.
- Verify specifications and validation for finished product and ingredients.
- Perform corrective actions for any food safety, A/B standard, or sanitation issues.
- Perform environmental swabbing.
- Set up sandwich line.
- Check for USDA bug when applicable.
- Use calibrated probes
High school Diploma or GED
Knowledge of Science and Math. Some computer experience helpful.
QA experience in food industry
2nd and 3rd shift available
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]