Now is your chance to join one of the country's largest and most trusted LTL carriers: ABF Freight is looking for new team members across the country!
ABF Freight, an ArcBest company, is an exceptional company where driven people have rewarding careers. Our pace of expansion means we're looking for people with The Skill & The Will to serve customers who depend on us for customized transportation and logistics solutions. It's more than a job; it's a career.
Regional Manager, Safety & Security protects company assets and interests and assures safe and healthy working conditions. This position works to prevent vehicular accidents, personnel injuries, theft, and hazardous material incidents and investigates and identifies causal factors to establish countermeasures to prevent future occurrences. The Regional Manager also ensures compliance with company policies as well as federal, state, and local regulations, standards, and ordinances.
General Description of Duties:
* Conduct various safety and security inspections of ABF facilities and properties.
* Investigate and handle vehicular accidents by photographing the scene, interviewing witnesses and employees, reconstructing facts and circumstances, coordinating the disposition of cargo, equipment, and personnel involved and completing necessary reports.
* Conduct loss prevention meetings, training and education sessions with employees and customers.
* Analyze statistical data, define problems, identify root causes, establish and implement corrective action and conduct one-on-one interviews with those involved to evaluate efforts.
* Perform surveillance on ABF property and/or where theft activity is suspected, conduct background investigations, interview and /or interrogate witnesses and provide subsequent depositions and/or court testimonies in criminal or civil proceedings.
* Establish, develop and maintain liaison and relationships with various federal, state and local enforcement, industry-related regulatory agencies and ABF management and personnel
* Investigate and determine the cause of hazardous material spills and violations at service centers and train personnel on how to handle and bill hazardous materials, including 'Right to Know'.
* Conduct orientation sessions with new-hire employees to ensure an understanding of Safety and Security awareness and administer DOT road tests and hazardous material training.
* Direct personnel and observe performance.
* Oversee the allocation of expenditures, closing a route, placing unsafe equipment out of service and failing driver applicants.
* Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense environment.
* Assist coordinators and branch managers with the efforts of the Alternate Work Program.
* Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals.
* Other duties and projects, as assigned.
* Your work hours will be 8:00AM - 5:00PM with occasional irregular hours depending on workload.
* Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
* Experience: Minimum, five years’ experience with ArcBest or any of its subsidiaries. Minimum, five years’ transportation, safety, DOT compliance or law enforcement background with an emphasis on investigative experience, preferred.
* Computer Skills:Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Other Requirements: Solid formal education, background or experience in industrial and traffic safety, hazardous material regulations, DOT, OSHA and EPA regulations and guidelines, accident investigation and criminal law. Background in law enforcement and expertise in conducting interviews and interrogations, preferred. Knowledge of surveillance techniques and equipment, the judicial system and its procedures and commercial motor vehicle enforcement, preferred. Knowledge of state and federal regulations affecting the transportation industry. Ability to be on call 24/7 and work in potentially hazardous situations.
* Competitive Wages
* Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits
* Opportunity to participate in a company sponsored 401K
* Vacation eligibility during the first year!
Questions about this position? Email us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]!
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact  [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call us at (479) 785-8717. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.