Are you an energetic and detail-oriented leader focused on commitment to customers, dedication to excellence and innovation?
Do you have a proven ability to supervise processes as well as activities and tasks?
Do you have a demonstrated ability to drive process improvement and lead change?
Penske Logistics is seeking a proven leader with relevant experience and skills to join our team of transportation and logistics professionals. We are seeking a candidate to supervise drivers at one of our locations.
Provide operational leadership to individual contributors and hourly workforce to ensure the execution of daily tasks and activities including the scheduling of driver deliveries and managing the flow of customer orders. Supervises most processes directly including workforce and equipment scheduling. Previous routing experience in a dynamic, multi-stop delivery environment is a plus.
- Utilize Manhattan WMS and Scientific Logistics (Sci-Log) routing software to develop routes and schedule customers while minimizing delivery mileage and distribution costs. - Develop alternatives and make recommendations to minimize operating costs. - Ensure the timely completion of route plans for local and remote markets, and work with the clerical staff to complete the warehouse pick labels to support the daily workload requirements. - Maintain and process, with help from the clerical staff multiple routes per day utilizing our Fleet Manager suite of apps. - Review daily driver suggestions to improve the routing and ensure the proper sequence within the standard routes and communicate back to the drivers for their input and suggestions.
- Establish and sustain that performance standards are communicated that are specific and measurable
- Interview hourly associates and provide recommendations for hire
- Monitor attendance, productivity, and other performance standards and provide coaching and counseling to associates
- Motivate and engage associates by focusing on team accomplishments and recognition
- Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred work methods to increase productivity of dispatch operations. Assist in new associate training
- Provide relief coverage for operational duties when associates utilize time-off or are absent from the shift
- Have a thorough working knowledge of the site's operating systems in order to ensure operational compliance and correct exception resolution
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion
- Ensure compliance with financial policies & procedures such as tracking MPG, returns, damages, etc.
- Understand the relationship between decision-making and profitability
- Ensure day-to-day management and associate activities are aligned with the location safety strategy
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures
Growth / Customer Experience
- Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives and work to meet and exceed these expectations daily
- Ensure the customer knows that we are committed to helping them meet their objectives
- Determine areas that could benefit from Continuous Improvement efforts
- Properly plan work assignments to ensure effective use of fleet equipment
- Work with Penske Truck Leasing to ensure schedule of preventative maintenance is complete
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor