Summary of essential job functions:
• Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace. Survey to identify and evaluate occupational health and safety conditions. Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices. Provide advice and counsel concerning all city, state, and federal compliance regulations.
• Develop controls for identified hazards. Coordinate the implementation of controls from results of hazard analysis. Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and injuries.
• Direct or assist in the development of specialized education and training materials. Conduct specialized safety training programs to communicate hazard control information. Assist in new employee occupational health and safety orientations. Conduct safety committee meetings.
• Recommend the purchase of safety equipment and supplies.
• Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
• Ensure the transportation department is adhering to all federal DOT rules and regulations.
• Maintain all security processes and procedures for the plant.
• Must have a minimum 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A BA/BS or AD degree in Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Sciences, or in a related field is preferred.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including holidays, nights and weekends.
$47,520.00 - $70,000.00 /Year
Transportation, Distribution - Shipping, Sales