ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Packaging Engineer to join the ABF Freight team. The Senior Packaging Engineer provides primary, secondary, and tertiary distribution packaging design, optimization, and consulting service for ABF Freight's internal and external customers. This position enhances the shipper/carrier relationship through specialized customer service, and provides internal operational support by making the freight and our system more compatible.
Your contribution may include:
* Monitor and identify high claims cost accounts, and determine means of minimizing damage, maximizing handling efficiency, and remaining sensitive to cost implications.
* Direct, advise, and instruct service center personnel and shippers on the best methods of packaging and material handling.
* Research, prepare, and provide pertinent account profile data in relation to damage claims history and trends.
* Assist Load Compliance Managers in cost containment by working with individual accounts to reduce overall claims cost as well as support internal operational improvements.
* Able to comfortably speak in public and present an authoritative image in person and during video conferences with customers.
* Discuss damage problems with internal and external customers and develop corrective action plans.
* Develop recommendations using SolidWorks and other tools including illustrations, animations, finite element analysis, drawings, diagrams, charts, and other documentation. Monitor outcomes over time.
* Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense environment.
* Work effectively within in a team setting as well as independently to accomplish department goals.
* Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As the Senior Packaging Engineer, you will be a member of the ABF Cargo Claims and Prevention team. Your work hours will be 8:00AM - 5:00PM with occasional irregular hours depending on workload. Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering or Mechanical Engineer. Master's degree or PhD, preferred.
Experience: Minimum, five years' experience in packaging or related field, preferred. Experience in manufacturing, warehousing, and transport processes, preferred. Experience in shock, vibration, force and stress measurement and testing, preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Other Requirements: Knowledge of material sciences, design, and costing capability. Knowledge of ASTM, ISTA, ISO, NMFC, 49 CFR, and UN Packaging standards.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact  [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.