The Service Manager is responsible for planning, controlling, and directing the repair of medium to heavy duty trucks and all models of trailers. The General Shop Manager will act as a customer service representative to develop sales relationships with customers and other TruckPro associates.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and diagnose problems to drive solutions and alignment with culture, values and business needs.
- Develop strategy to increase service business as to utilize all technicians efficiently.
- Ensure customers are informed on completion times, services expenses, and possible changes.
- Facilitate effective management of production schedules.
- Hire and lead technicians and supervisor.
- Ensure compliance with environmental, health and safety requirements.
- Oversee and participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of annual operating budgets, ensuring that operations are managed within the established guidelines.
- Monitor the profit/loss of each job and the department.
- Monitor the daily production of shop to ensure that all production standards are met and consistent with pricing schedules.
- Maintain a clean and safe shop.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Customer Service Orientation: Develop customer relationships by making efforts to listen and to understand the customer; anticipate and provide solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Conflict Management: Able to understand each person or group’s perspective involved in conflict; utilize ground rules to set a productive climate; encourage open, honest and professional communication; increase conflict resolution interest and skill level of others.
- Decision Making: Able to consider others impacted by decisions and when appropriate involves them; decide on course of action based on what is right, not who is right; move forward with decisions without procrastination; demonstrate good judgment by making sound, informed decisions.
- Developing & Motivating Others: Able to ensure others are well trained; provide feedback to others on a regular basis; invest appropriate time and resources in developing people; coach and mentor others to increase their contribution; able to inspire others to achieve; promote a “can do” attitude; exhibit a positive attitude.
- Organization and Planning: Able to develop and execute a plan for accomplishing work by organizing people, resources and tasks; determine what needs to be completed to achieve results by documenting all essential activities, timelines and milestones for success; leverage core activities over other work; maintain discipline to develop habit structure.
- Policy or Regulatory Understanding: Able to conform to professional standards and safety policies and procedures; apply, adhere to, and communicate safety and regulatory procedures and protocol; be watchful and alert with equipment, hazardous conditions and ethical violations; respect the physical customer environment and legal relationship.
- Technical Competencies:
- Mechanical knowledge and ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products, intermediate Excel skills desired.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, communication and analytical skills.
- Skill in operating tool equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and write general business and financial correspondence, reports, regulations and instructions.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s Degree or Technical certificate in heavy duty mechanics preferred.
- Automotive Service Excellence certification appropriate to the job or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Five plus years of relevant service or shop leadership experience.
- Heavy duty industry experience strongly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.