BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Shipping/Receiving Clerk for an opportunity in Indianapolis, IN!
- Position Title: Shipping/Receiving Clerk
- Location: Indianapolis, IN 46268
- Anticipated start date: 4/26/2021
- Duration: 6+ months
- Attention to detail, basic written communication skills and strong oral communication skills.
- Good basic math skills, multi-task oriented, organized, dependable, and a quick learner.
- Must show integrity, honesty, and initiative in the workplace.
- Must be able to problem solve.
- Must be familiar with shipping platforms.
- Must be able to take initiative without guidance.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods, and to lift boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Organizing, safe-guarding and validating levels of stock inventory
- Verifying correct package content and shipping properly and efficiently
- Keep warehouse neat, organized, and up to date with safety regulations.
- Responsible for technical quality inspection and self-review of all parts before shipment
- Maintain and complete documentation for properly recording breakdown of bulk inventory.
- Close attention to detail on customer orders to ensure that requirements are met before product is shipped.
- Ships orders only after verifying accuracy, completeness, and timelines of the order as well as inclusion of proper inspection documents and manner of shipment.
- Ships only to correct address and maintains the UPS customer shipping database.
- Stay on schedule and does not leave until all orders have been shipped for the day.
- Follow all documented work instructions.
- Bring inefficiencies and productivity improvement suggestions to management regularly.
- Break down all inventory received and count to verify correct amount of product was received and is of good quality.
- Fill out all inventory production sheets completely, accurately, and efficiently.
- Verify and follow-up on shipping/ tracking information.
- Understand and follow work orders stating customer requirements and enhance customer satisfaction; maintain or enhance the quality of parts and packaging.
- Continually look to improve upon the quality of the company and production.
- Ensure that non-conforming product does not leave the shipping door or get past receiving door.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend and pick up heavy items, and lift 40 pounds unassisted.
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to, and including, both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 130214 when responding to this ad.