Category: Supply Chain
Req Number: SHIPP01966
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: East Syracuse, NY, United States
INFICON is a growing, global, leading provider of innovative technologies that enhances productivity and quality in sophisticated industrial processes. The products provided by INFICON are world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement, and control and are vital to manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells, and industrial vacuum coating applications. INFICON is headquartered in Switzerland and has world-class manufacturing facilities in Europe, the United States and China with subsidiaries located throughout the world. This position will be located at INFICON's U.S. headquarters in East Syracuse, NY. For more detailed information about INFICON, please visit our website at www.inficon.com.
INFICON Shipping Attendant is the starting point for building the customer order and plays a key role in order fulfillment. The Shipping Attendant will need to work in a dynamic environment that requires switching between a variety of receiving, shipping, and material handling tasks.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities within the logistics center will be based on workload and can include the following duties.
- Receiving activities: unload incoming supplier shipments, count, unpack inventory, inspect shipments for shortage, damages, or defects. Compare information on packing slips with purchase orders to verify accuracy of supplier shipment. Accurately transact in SAP and then stage items for proper storage.
- Material Handling activities: involves part put away and picks referencing correct location, correct quantity per bin in the Automated Storage Retrieval System (AS/RS), high bay rack area and point of use. The attendant will define the proper size bin and storage capacity required to maximize the utilization of storage units. Kanban order, production order, service repair, order fulfillment. Unpacking and preparing materials for production.
- Shipping activities: Customer orders prioritization, pick, package, weigh, label and ship in accordance to packaging guidelines and accepted practices.
- Assist in conducting inventory counts and researching inventory discrepancies on an ongoing basis.
- Required to operate industrial equipment such as: order picker at heights up to 25 feet, reach truck and sit down truck.
- Contribute to the company’s objective of continuous improvement model.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma /GED equivalent.
- Must be experienced in order fulfillment and inventory control methods and be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
- Excellent computer skills to learn and use computer programs such as: SAP, Microsoft Office Suite and Windows based programs such as Power Pick Global enterprise which operates the Automated Storage / Retrieval System.
- Math skills and dimensional aptitude for: sizing, slotting parts, and determining storage capacities.
- This position will require to stand for 8 hours or more in a workday. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs repetitively without mechanical lift assist.
- Strong organizational, time management skills, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Work independently and as a team player with the ability to successfully prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- SAP experience highly desired.
- Additional college coursework in Business Administration and / or Computer Information Systems is preferred.
- Will be required to successfully obtain Forklift certification after employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)