We work with companies that offer environments for our employees to contribute, learn, and advance their career. We treat you like you are part of the family.
Job Title: Sr On-Site Service Specialist
Work Location: Roanoke, VA
Duration: Long-term contract with option to hire
Education/Experience Required: Requires high school diploma, GED and 1 –2 years of experience or equivalent experience in a related field.
Hours: 8am-5pm M-F
- Candidate will be working in a mail room environment.
- Processing Mail, sorting / printing production / supply fulfillment / Delivering paper to printing machines, clearing jams, wiping machines.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and stand long periods of time.
- Provides operations functions in one or all of the following areas: operates high volume duplicating equipment, performs associated copying tasks, operates high volume document imaging equipment and related software.
- Also operates High volume mail management systems.
- Generates reports for digital printing, imaging, and mail systems in digital format.
- Ships and receives product and supplies, sorts, distributes and handles incoming and outgoing mail/faxes, as well as applies necessary postage.
- Provides copier maintenance and/or repair of customer site equipment.
- May also perform bindery, QC and final check, housekeeping, file services, call center representative, and reception, etc.
- May performs various building support functions related to meeting set ups and light maintenance.
- Note: Due to the higher level of presentation and telephone skills needed to perform receptionist duties, employees performing this function are considered to be Senior On-Site Services Specialist.
- This position reports directly to the Site Manager, Site Supervisor, or Assistant Site Manager, depending on site personnel configuration.
- Runs high volume copy machines and performs binding and finishing work.
- Operating high volume document imaging systems.
- Operating document image handling software
- Operating MS Office and Email systems for opening, sending and retrieving files
- Opening, saving and transferring PC files based on established protocols
- Accessing document management systems via established protocols
- Ensures convenience copiers are working properly, checking for quality via daily inspections.
- Clears paper jams and informs technicians of specific problems.
- Maintains records for management reports and inventories of supplies needed.
- Distributes office supplies, fax transmissions and mail to company personnel and/or designated drop-off points as required.
- Calculates charges for jobs performed and maintains some billing logs.
- Responds to and coordinates all service calls required by customer.
- May perform filing duties in conjunction with specific customer requests.
- Delivers completed jobs to pre-determined customer locations within and outside of the site.
- Maintains daily meter and service logs.
- May travel between customer's buildings.
- Answers customer questions regarding status or feasibility of job requests.
- Ensures upkeep of convenience copier areas by keeping neat and well stocked.
- Performs duties related to the shipping of materials.
- Performs duties related to the receiving of materials.
- May perform meeting room and conference room set ups.
- May perform building occupant moves within assigned facilities.
- May perform re-lamping and light maintenance duties as assigned.
- May perform occasional cleaning duties as needed.
- May require periodic overtime on nights and weekends, including off-hour emergency response.
- Uses shrink-wrap machine, paper cutter, hole driller, bindery equipment, jogger, tape machine, stackers, electric stapler and scales in completion of various jobs contracted.
- Uses all copier equipment, calculator, fax machine, postage meter and some PC.
- Performs filing duties, which may include 'purging' and archiving old documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Requires high school diploma, GED and 1 –2 years of experience or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Some related copy job experience is preferred.
- May require valid driver's license and minimum levels of auto insurance coverage
- Excellent customer service skills - Good PC skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Mathematical and filing skills
- Ability to use office machines and technical equipment
- Typically, an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation, and a normal range of temperature and noise level
- Work assignments are diversified.
- Interpret, comprehend and apply complex material, data and instruction – prepare, provide and convey diversified information
- Some physical effort is required which may involve long periods of standing, walking, bending, reaching, stretching, climbing or similar activities as well as lifting or moving items weighing up to 50-55 lbs. and in pushing or pulling machines on wheels, which may weigh up to 700 lbs., in order to move for repairs.
- Walking between buildings may be necessary.
- Moderate dexterity – regular application of basic skills (calculator, keyboard, hand tools, eye/hand coordination.