ABF Freight is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ABF Freight family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Payroll Student Worker to join the ABF Freight team. Your responsibilties would include assisting hourly and salary payroll and health welfare and pension areas in the daily activities required to timely process the compensation for contractual and non-contractual employees and benefit contributions for various ABF Corporations.
Your responsibilities may include the following:
* Accurately index City and Utility Driving logs, income tax withholding forms and direct deposit authorizations
* Organize and distribute mail and faxes in a timely manner including outgoing items
* Prepare packaging for hourly and salary payroll checks verifying the accuracy of shipping method including changes for holidays and terminal address changes
* Responsible for enclosing additional items in the payroll shipment to terminals including items from other departments that are needed by the terminal
* Package and distribute timecards to terminals in a timely manner to ensure timecards are received before designated week
* Receive completed timecards from terminals, log as received and file in appropriate week ending and order
* Accurately maintain spreadsheets of payroll specialist work assignments
* Prepare labels for yearly folders for various Health, Welfare and Pension Funds
* Prepare items for storage to be sent to the warehouse including hourly timecards and other payroll data
* Route payroll advices to appropriate department after completion by the payroll department
* Maintain records of Transfer Storage Request
* Prepares and analyze spreadsheets of data as need
* Filing and making copies as needed
* Shredding of confidential documents
* High School diploma or equivalent and enrolled in college classes, required
* Prefer Business or Accounting Major
* Basic working computer knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and 10 key
* Be able to interact and work with others, build relationships and be a team member
* Needs to be self-motivating and work with limited supervision
* Must be responsible, accountable, and ethical - maintain complete confidentiality with payroll information
* Must be detail oriented and enjoy a fast paced, multi-tasking, customer service minded environment
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills including phone and e-mail
* Must display sense of urgency, ability to work under pressure, with attention to detail
* Flexibility when working with holiday schedules
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact  [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
1. mailto:[email protected]