Now is your chance to join one of the country's largest and most trusted LTL carriers: ABF Freight is looking for new team members across the country!
ABF Freight, an ArcBest company, is an exceptional company where driven people have rewarding careers. Our pace of expansion means we're looking for people with The Skill & The Will to serve customers who depend on us for customized transportation and logistics solutions. It's more than a job; it's a career.
Supervisor Assistants work to assist and support operations management in the oversight and directing of dock, street, and yard employees. This position supports service center personnel in solving problems and delivering innovative solutions to customers as well as works with management to meet all service center operations and sales goals.
General Description of Duties:
* Perform collections, billing, appointment scheduling, OS&D, and various other administrative functions.
* Assist leadership to motivate, counsel, and coach employees.
* Apply contractual rules to union employees and maintain employee relations with input and support of Service Center Manager.
* Communicate with supervisory personnel on service center issues.
* Aid in monitoring operations, improving profitability and growing revenue.
* Work with the Regional Maintenance Manager to facilitate equipment maintenance and repairs.
* Ensure security, maintenance, and upkeep of service center.
* Enforce process compliance according to company policy and continually apply the quality process.
* Maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
* Work in a team setting to accomplish departmental goals.
* Stand in for an absent supervisor, as needed.
* Other duties and projects, as assigned.
* Work hours for this position will be scheduled to support the 24/7 operation and may vary by location with irregular hours depending on workload.
* Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
* Experience: Prior experience in transportation and/or supervisory experience, preferred.
* Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to learn new systems quickly.
* Competitive Wages
* Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits
* Opportunity to participate in a company sponsored 401K
* Vacation eligibility during the first year!
Questions about this position? Email us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]!If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact  [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call us at (479) 785-8717. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.