Great things are happening at Metal Sales and at our Deer Lake branch. Our transportation team is growing, and we are looking for a capable individual with the desire and skills to grow with the organization. Join us as our Transportation Assistant and watch your career flourish!
The Transportation Assistant assists with all aspects of the management of the branch’s trucking fleet, under the direction of the branch Transportation Manager and corporate Director of Transportation. Most efforts are centered on instilling a safe driving culture and ensuring compliance with DOT and company policies.
Let us tell you about the responsibilities and expectations of this role to ensure we are the right fit for each other.
You’ll be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Oversee the tasks of two Loaders / Forklift Operators
- Work with fellow Supervisors to ensure all trucks are loaded on time, accurately, and completely.
- Performing Quality Control entirety of truck after it is loaded.
- Direct workflow of receiving trucks, live loads and Will Calls.
- Must be fork certified. This position will require you to use a forklift to support your staff if they are over-burdened with trucks and deliveries.
- Oversee all receiving processes on Coils, packaging, fasteners, Transfer trucks etc.
- Be sure Trailers are correct and clearly labeled for employees. Communicate Truck number to Transportation leadership.
- Call customers with clear re-ship dates on late deliveries. Also call jobsites and document calls
- Add any rush shipments and change drivers bill-of-ladings appropriately.
- Set up and direct work on all will-call shipments.
- Manage all will-call customers in an expedient fashion.
- Communicate trailer numbers to drivers.
The most qualified candidates will have:
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software platforms
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- A desire to work in a hand-on atmosphere and team orientated environment with a “can do” attitude
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, degree in higher education with a business concentration preferred
What we can offer you:
- Great work environment with a stable privately owned company
- Opportunities for skill set expansion and career growth
- Competitive pay with annual bonus opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (eligible after 30 days)
- Paid time off (eligible immediately)
- 401K (eligible immediately) with company match (eligible after 1 year of service)
- Paid holidays (eligible immediately)
- Wellness Program
- And more!!!
We appreciate you reviewing this opportunity and look forward to receiving your resume!
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M | F | D | V