Great things are happening at Metal Sales and at our Bay City, MI plant. Our transportation team is growing and we are looking for a capable individual with the desire and skills to grow with the organization. Join us as our Transportation Assistant, and watch your career flourish in the challenging and ever-evolving field!
The Transportation Assistant assists with all aspects of the management of the branch’s trucking fleet, under the direction of the branch Transportation Manager. Most efforts are centered on instilling a safe driving culture and ensuring compliance with DOT and company policies.
Let us tell you about the responsibilities and expectations of this role to ensure we are the right fit for each other.
You’ll be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Scheduling and routing of both company and contract carrier trucks for delivery of materials within delivery schedules; this includes the associated data entry to track trucking activity
- Placing/receiving calls from customers as well as drivers in regards to everything from scheduling deliveries through ordering a driver additional transportation.
- Monitoring and coordinating maintenance of all fleet equipment meeting company and DOT standards
- Compiling, completing and maintaining reports as required by the company and DOT
- Compiling and submitting payroll records from driver’s logs to HR for processing
- Daily supervision of company drivers
- Evaluating and making recommendations for ongoing improvement in procedures and processes
- Supporting and assisting other departments as the need arises
The most qualified candidates will have:
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software platforms
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- A desire to work in a hand-on atmosphere and team orientated environment with a “can do” attitude
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, degree in higher education with a business concentration preferred
What we can offer you:
- Great work environment with a stable privately owned company
- Opportunities for skill set expansion and career growth
- Competitive pay with annual bonus opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (eligible after 30 days)
- Paid time off (eligible immediately)
- 401K (eligible immediately) with company match (eligible after 1 year of service)
- Paid holidays (eligible immediately)
- Wellness Program
- And more!!!
We appreciate you reviewing this opportunity and look forward to receiving your resume!
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M | F | D | V