You belong at Dayton Freight! Join our team of Technicians and be a part of The Dayton Difference.
Dayton Freight is a recognized leader in regional LTL transportation services and we are truly different from other carriers. It's apparent in how we treat our customers, and each other. Our culture is one of teamwork, respect and professional honesty. Dayton Freight appreciates its employees: you are not just a number, you are family. We attribute our growth to the dedication of our employees, and the loyalty of our customers and business partners.
Trailer Technicians develop skills in the diagnosis and repair of Dayton Freight trailer and liftgate components.
Trailer Technicians are to perform maintenance service in which the volume and quality of work is within the acceptably measured standards for Dayton Freight Lines.
Additional job duties include:
- Has a fundamental understanding of repairing and rebuilding components on 48ft. and 53ft. dry van trailers and can effectively repairs the following components:
- Suspension and running gear components
- Landing gear assembly and components
- Wheel components and tires
- Brake and air components
- Electrical, lighting and wiring components
- Rear frame and door components
- Side, nose and roof components
- Interior and floor components
- Able to thoroughly perform Preventative Maintenance inspections and repairs
- Maintains a high level of welding and metal fabrication skills
- Performs service calls
- Performs duty requirements of other technicians when necessary
- Washes and fuels equipment when necessary
- Road tests vehicles to ensure quality repair services were performed.*Dependent upon having a CDL
- Perform other maintenance duties or assignments when necessary
- Consistently positive attitude, interacting courteously and professionally with fellow employees
- Proactively assist, guide and direct junior technicians
- Demonstrates professional excellence at all time and sets a good example
- Be a leading participant in the care and upkeep of the shop, the grounds and all equipment and tools
- Maintain a clean, safe environment that complies to OSHA and company standards
- Proficient in recording all work and labor on a computer in the
- Work with the Parts Department to assure that all necessary materials, parts, service and shop supplies are maintained at proper quantity levels
- Comply with all Parts Department procedures and rules at all times
- Work in compliance to EPA regulations as well as DOT and company safety requirements