Join West Side Transport to continue your career as a Load Planner! As a Load Planner, you will manage the daily planning of trucks and available freight based on truck availability, fuel efficiencies, customer freight schedules and transit times while coordinating between driver needs and ensuring safe and on time delivery while managing trailer pools in set regions.
Come to the Best Side and Work for West Side – APPLY TODAY!
- Works with Customer Service Representatives to determine which freight tenders to accept and decline based on truck availability; preplans trucks in their assigned regions based on availability, deadhead mileage, drivers’ needs and transit times; plans freight based on the priority of the customer’s needs, driver’s needs and using the least amount of deadhead possible.
- Coordinates local deliveries and pick-ups using Hub/ hourly/ over the road drivers to ensure service is met.
- Arranges with Driver Managers, the appropriate loads for each truck based on the driver’s needs, hours of availability and transit time of loads; coordinates relays between drivers to help with driver’s needs while ensuring freight delivers on time.
- Oversees trailer utilization and allocation within set regions; positions trailers strategically by region to maximize usage and balance trailer pools between drop locations; informs Planning Supervisor and sales department on drop trailer utilization to determine cost efficiency.
- Responsible for minimizing deadhead, maintaining good trailer utilization, directing CSR’s on which freight works best for any given day, solving problems brought to them by Driver Managers, Customer Service Representatives and other Planners with the company’s best interest in mind.
- Communicates with customers any information that is requested or any questions they may have as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.