Now Hiring Transportation Manager
At First Student, our Transportation Managers are a constant reflection of our company’s commitment to safety and customer service. The Transportation Manager is responsible for providing operational oversight, day-to-day management, and directly supervising staff and financial performance.
NOTE: The following position is for proposed new business within First Student.
Toledo is a nice beach community along the Oregon coast. This operation consist of approximately 80 buses throughout 3 locations in Lincoln County.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment
Transportation Manager Responsibilities:
- Manages operational expenses and explains budget variances
- Manages injury and collision claims
- Ensures safety practices and applicable regulations are obeyed by all employees
- Ensure facilities and buses are maintained to First Student safety and environmental standards
- Sets accurate schedules for routes
- Minimizes route drive times and mileage while adhering to contractual and regulatory mandates
- Provides accurate and timely operational and financial reporting as requested by AGM and/or finance
- Ensures purchases follow company processes and policies
- Drives employee engagement and recognition
Transportation Manager Experience and Skills Required:
- 4-year degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years management experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Business background in financial, strategic, and/or organizational analysis
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.