Job title: Transportation Specialist
Duration: 3-6 months with the possibility of extension
Hours: M-F 7am - 5pm with some Saturdays 2-4 hours
***Need someone with Ocean carrier booking experience
The primary purpose of this position is to acquire all necessary information from Business Unit (BU) customers in order to prepare and submit all export documentation, related to the ocean carriage, on all export shipments of client businesses. You will utilize outlined carrier processes and ensure loads are scheduled according to the order plan. This
includes preparation and filing of paperwork to meet the export requirements that are set forth by regulatory agencies such as U.S. Customs and the U.S. Bureau of Census.
55% Export Documentation Instruction and Completion: Create, compile, execute, and ensure accuracy of bill of lading instructions for client BUs. This will include review of sales reports, new order forms, SAP information, EEI filing, Import ISF filing, coordination with import brokers, as well as meet and comply with necessary Letter of Credit requirements, to ensure that commodity loads are booked correctly. This also requires collaborating with other stakeholders and third party facilities to provide information required to complete the work.
15% Import Coordination: Ensure all regulatory regulations are met and that the broker is engaged for the clearance of the import cargo. Activities can include: Import ISF filing, coordination of import broker, communication with overseas business clients, facilitation of import delivery and communication with global tax and customs if the FDA is involved.
15% Customer Service/Problem Resolution: Management of Remedy Force and SAP data elements, problem resolution,as well as internal and external customer service.
10% Stakeholder Management: Communicating shipment details to necessary key stakeholders (i.e. Business Unit client load facility, end customers).
5% Other: Any other duties as assigned.
Ocean carrier booking experience
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent GED with 2 years' experience in Business, Logistics, Transportation and Supply Chain Management.
* + 1 year of experience working in an office environment.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Willingness to work overtime as needed.
* Microsoft Office Suite experience including proficient in Excel.
* Associates Degree
* Experience in freight forwarding and/or customs clearance.
* Knowledge of Incoterms.
* Knowledge of SAP, AS 400 and GT Nexus.
* Understanding of insurance and claims.
Success Factors / Abilities
* Flexibility and resiliency - many of the tools used are unstable and will require multiple attempts to complete.
* Adaptable to large open work environment.
* Good organizational skills.
* Very good understanding of United States and world geographies.
* Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment and work with diverse teams globally.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet multiple deadlines.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Demonstrated strong problem-solving.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
* Analytic skills.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 127592 when responding to this ad.