For our customers, Spirax Sarco is synonymous with excellence in steam system engineering. We offer the industry’s most extensive range of products with services, coupled with practical industry application expertise. In short, we create solutions that set the benchmark for steam-using organizations worldwide. Learn more about our global footprint at spiraxsarco.com/global/us.
We’re looking for an exceptional candidate to be responsible for the daily manufacturing operations of multiple Value Streams as measured by meeting Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Productivity (SQDIP) targets. The VSM participates in setting the vision and strategy to achieve break through results while sustaining current KPIs. The VSM is responsible for all supply activities after order entry until shipment to customers. The purpose and core function of the VSM is to lead the areas of planning, purchasing, assembly and fabrication to implement sound lean Six Sigma and DFT continuous improvement efforts to ensure a safe work environment, maximize profitable growth, drive quality improvements, provide premier customer service, develop a technically qualified work force, reduce operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements.
Some Responsibilities Include:
• Oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly expectations.
• Manage product quality, employee safety, regulatory compliance and production schedules to successfully meet market demand
• Directly manage the implementation projects for all value streams
• Direct the purchasing and planning functions for the Value Streams to schedules production and maintains required inventory levels using Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and/or Kanban Management. Provides guidance on establishing the Kanban quantity requirements and adjusts, as required.
• Direct the production team for Value Stream including manufacturing, packaging, production maintenance, equipment engineering, process engineering and all other aspects of Value Stream production and support
• Lead change agent to ensure lean processes are deployed in measurable improvements
• Drive development and implementation of a Lean Production systems design, tools and techniques
• Support the creation of a learning environment/culture, problem solving, envisioning the future state condition
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to collaborate with customers, clients, co-workers, and management
• Facilitate Kaizen events to achieve specific continuous improvement goals and teach others the principles of Lean