Leads and coordinates activities of teammates engaged in loading and unloading medical and surgical supplies from carriers, such as trucks, and in moving and storing medical and surgical supplies. Ensure the smooth flow of operations.
Teammates promoted into this position must:
- Have worked in all areas of the warehouse
- Exhibit a willingness to expand their responsibilities
- Have a solid attendance record
- Have flexibility in their hours
- Successful completion of all training modules resulting in certification
- Be certified on all equipment
- Have maintained an acceptable preventable accident record
- Be knowledgeable in all areas they will be leading others on
- Must be in good standing and maintain good standing to main lead status
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assigns job functions to teammates according to shipping and receiving schedules and operational demands.
2. Verifies materials loaded or unloaded against work order or bill of lading.
3. Directs Material Handlers or Distribution Coordinators to move materials or products to storage areas.
4. Trainsor ensures the training of new teammates or retrains existing teammates in job functions.
5. Studies production schedules and estimates teammate-hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
6. Interprets specifications and job orders to teammates and assigns duties.
7. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
8. Recommends measures to improve production methods, quality of product, and suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency of the warehouse.
9. Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists teammates in solving work problems.
10. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate teammates to achieve work goals.
11. Communicates with supervisors and or management team regarding personnel issues and day to day operations.
12. Regularly conducts team talks or start up meetings in conjunction with supervisors.
13. Provides regular feedback to supervisors and managers on teammate performance. May provide input forannual reviews.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. May schedule delivery routes.
2. Maybe Leadperson in a designated area such as shipping or receiving.
3. Performs additional duties as directed.
A. EDUCATION & FORMAL TRAINING:
General knowledge of a variety of basic topics, such as math, reading, basic accounting, typing, etc. Equal to a high school diploma. Successful completion of all company warehouse training modules resulting in certification. Certified on all warehouse machinery.
B. WORK EXPERIENCE:
At least one year of O&M experience required; for external hires warehouse lead or supervisor experience preferred.
C. KEY JOB-SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS& ABILITIES
1. Business Knowledge of Warehouse
3. Attendancein green zone
1. Planning and Alignment
2. Achieving Results
3. Decision Making
5. Learning and Adaptability
6. Delegation and Accountability
7. Inspire and Engage
8. Self Direction
Additional competencies: Coaching & Development
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND WORK AIDS:
Handhelds, voice pick equipment, material handling equipment (to include items such as: hand truck, forklift/reach trucks, cherry pickers), stretch wrap machines, safety knives, safety harnesses, printers, Computers and Tablets
STRENGTH AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.