Harvey, IL 60426
We have an immediate need for a full time Warehouse Manager for our 55,000 SQF distribution center located in HARVEY (IL), 30-45 minutes south of downtown Chicago.
We are currently seeking a person with a positive attitude, with adequate experience, and who is a team player and seeks to work in a fast paced environment.
- Receive inbound shipments and verify items against the record of shipment
- Add received merchandise to the inventory
- Maintain and keep inventory organized and ready for picking
- Pick, scan and pack customer orders
- Prepare all documentation for shipping, and schedule pick-ups
- Safe loading and unloading of merchandise in an out of the warehouse
Direct tasks and responsibilities will include the following:
- Track inbound shipments, and organize delivery to D.C.
- Ensure accuracy of outbound customer orders
- Ensure all customer orders are shipped on a timely manner
- Investigate customer issues (shortage, overages, delays…), and various other duties as needed
- Maintenance of the D.C. and of all equipment (forklifts, order picker…)
- Liaise with vendors to ensure no shortage of supplies
- Liaise with staffing agencies for labor needs
- Establish and enforce all necessary rules and regulations
- Train associates on an on-going basis to ensure all rules and regulations are followed
Certain administrative tasks, in conjunction with various internal partners, will also be the Manager’s responsibility. These include overseeing the payroll, and working with accounting to confirm expenses.
- Associate degree or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of D.C. operations, and at least 10 years of D.C. related experience
- Ability to load and unload trucks/trailers using various types of powered equipment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, and experience working with UPS and FedEx software
- Excellent computer, data entry, and email communication skills required
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Work well under pressure, with the ability to handle multiple task concurrently
- Safety conscious, organized, and detail minded
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
These will be established on a case by case basis, based on the candidates’ skillset and experience. We intend to offer an attractive package to the right candidate, as it is our intention to find a qualified and reliable manager in order to help us grow our business in the United States
Elite Staffing, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our policy of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train and promote persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap or any other protected status.