Do you want to learn to work in a warehouse environment but have no experience?
CUSTOMIZED DISTRIBUTION SERVICES, INC., WANTS YOU!
We will train you with no experience to become a fully operational Warehouse Operator. We will certify you to drive a forklift, pallet jack, and other necessary equipment.
We are a family-owned business and are looking to invest in new people that want to learn and grow with our company and become a part of our family.
Position Summary: Execute goals and objectives set by the Operations Supervisor and/or Manager to ensure an effective and efficient work environment. Provide support to the warehouse which will require manually moving, stacking, unstacking, and otherwise manipulating packages to prepare them for transport or storage within the warehouse. Operate warehouse equipment to include powered forklift equipment in an effort to effectively move product into, out of, and around a distribution center to ensure optimal operation of the business. Effectively process relevant written and verbal communication to ensure that all tasks are completed effectively. Effectively carry on work assignments as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Comply with the Company’s attendance/tardiness standards.
- Load and unload products in a safe and accurate manner.
- Operate several types of forklifts (i.e. Sit Down, Stand Up, Walkie-Rider, and Hi-Lo).
- Maintain competency and certification concerning the safe operation of the different forklifts.
- Operate various types of equipment in the warehouse, including RF scanners and Pallet Jacks.
- Pick orders for transport.
- Maintain an inventory of all products and verify that the correct quantity is being shipped to clients.
- Stack products in the appropriate location.
- Assess all products and pallets and notify supervisor(s) of damage.
- Work on a variety of shifts to include evening, weekend, and overtime shifts as required.
- Perform the receiving, loading, and order selection processes as assigned by Operations Supervisor.
- Comply with established procedures concerning equipment inspections and sign-out.
- Assist with the training of newly hired personnel.
- Participate daily with general housekeeping of the warehouse.
- Maintain competency and working knowledge of the RF system and equipment.
- Comply with company policies, procedures, and expected standards of behavior.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: In order to perform this job successfully the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements outlined below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ability to use a computer, word processing, and spreadsheet software is required.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) to six (6) months of experience utilizing either a Sit-Down, Stand Up, Walkie Rider, Hi-Lo forklift, or Cherry Picker.
- Minimum of three (3) to six (6) months of prior warehouse experience.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Prior experience using Warehouse Management System (WMS) software.
- Knowledge of RF-based warehouse technologies and operating RF equipment.
Language Skills: Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to compose reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate information in verbal or written format and effectively respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, employees, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, percentages as well as draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to correctly read, interpret and process lengthy strings of individual digits in their correct order.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands outlined below are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Use hands to finger, handle, touch, or manipulate items.
- Speak and/or hear.
- Stand for extended periods, walk and reach with hands or arms.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Lift up to fifty (50) pounds repeatedly.
- Stoop, reach, kneel, twist, and walk while handling cases of product.
Have vision abilities to include proximate vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.