Delaware Valley Floral Group is seeking to hire team members for our Fresh Flower Picking Operation. The overall purpose of this position is to ensure timely and accurate picking of quality products for loose-pick orders within a cooler environment (approximately 34 degrees).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The hours for this position are Sunday through Thursday, 3:30pm to finish. Additional days/hours or adjustment to daily start time may change due to holiday or additional workload.
- Pick product, handle and inspect product, ensuring good quality, in a timely manner, while minimizing/eliminating picking errors and improve order accuracy.
- Utilize RF Scanners in the picking process.
- Oversee general safety and housekeeping for your areas of responsibility, to include sweeping, removal of water from area, and emptying trash.
- Attend and participate in ongoing team meetings for continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned/required by management.
This position operates in a warehouse and cooler environment (34 degrees). The employee will utilize basic warehouse equipment such as RF scanners, box cutters, and packing tape dispensers.
Required Education and Experience:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, which requires managing within deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change in a positive manner
- Picking or warehouse experience with automated or manual processes.
We offer an excellent and comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, company paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance, voluntary accident insurance, paid time off and 401(k) Plan.
For over 60 years Delaware Valley Floral Group has been providing Professional Retail Florists with the finest in Fresh Cut Flowers and Greens, Floral Supplies, and Botanicals. Delaware Valley Floral Group, Inc. began as a small family business in 1959 and has grown to become one of the largest floral distribution companies in the United States. Our modern, 100,000+ square foot Corporate Headquarters, located in Sewell, New Jersey, is supplemented by satellite Logistics, Distribution, and Sales facilities in Edison, NJ, Jessup, MD, Hauppauge, NY, East Berlin, CT, Cranberry, PA, Plains, PA, Shrewsbury, MA, Syracuse, NY, Richmond, VA and Oxnard, CA.
Delaware Valley Floral Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work force at all levels of the business thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our customers, our employees and our communities.