Our business is growing!!! Penske Logistics is looking for Warehouse Associates to become part of an excellent team servicing the nation’s largest grocery store chain. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant and outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment.
These are NOT seasonal jobs! Our warehouse associates have worked for us for 5 years, 10 years and even 20 years since we opened!
Our Warehouse Workers receive a competitive hourly rate of pay of $17.00 per hour first year PLUS earn $3.00 - $11.00 per hour performance bonus AND guaranteed annual raises!
Retention Bonus: $1000.00 after 6 months!
Graduation Bonus: $250.00 upon graduation from our training program!
Our associates also enjoy PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401K with company match and numerous Associate Discounts!
If you’re able to do heavy lifting in a cold storage environment – apply today!
****2nd or 3rd shift. WEEKENDS REQUIRED****
The Warehouse Worker - Order Selector will assemble and select cases from pick slots for store orders in an accurate, efficient, productive manner and assemble orders onto pallets using voice activated computers and pallet jacks.
Please be aware that this warehouse work is conducted in a cold storage facility, and requires leather shoes or boots to be worn.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
- Electronically scan products using a warehouse management system and voice-activated computers.
- Repetitively stack cardboard boxes and pallets.
- Repetitively pick perishable goods in refrigerated and/or frozen rooms
- Move materials within the warehouse.
- Accurately assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or convey orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Accurately stage and sort products for loading.
- Forklifts, pallet jacks and a variety of warehouse mechanical equipment may be used to transport product within the warehouse.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Report and correct (when appropriate) all unsafe and unsanitary conditions that could cause employee and/or customer accidents.
- Comply with all OSHA standards and all company safety requirements.
- Demonstrate care and respect for all equipment used.
Maintain superior quality control by ensuring damaged products are identified, reported and removed promptly.Qualifications
- At least 1 year of warehousing or material-handling experience using hand/power tools and hand truck equipment preferred.
- Recent heavy lifting.
- Ability to work in a cold storage warehouse environment with -20 degrees to 55 degrees temperature for long periods of time is required.
- Must be able to work varied schedule including weekends.
- Flexible to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to follow directions, and basic math skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to pay close attention to details and meet deadlines.
- Completion of Penske employment application, submission to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening is required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, stoop and lift up to and including 60 lbs frequently and 95 lbs occasionally.
- Ability to work in spaces with 55 inches of headroom
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
- The associate is frequently required to use hands to handle products and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.